The chief operating officer (COO) will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight financials, operations, human resources and compliance. Reporting to the Managing Director and working as a key member of Management team, the COO will take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all the Bank’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures. The COO will also pay a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development. The COO will develop, refine and implement Operations strategy including aspects such as area selection, product design and delivery, portfolio quality management, client outreach and communications. S/he will be responsible for the management of the overall quality and efficiency of operations. S/he will ensure that the company delivers an outstanding service that is always client focused and efficient.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the business of corporation;
• Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the chief financial officer (the "CFO "), an annual operating plan that supports the corporation’s long term operations strategy;
• Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long term business strategies of the corporation;
• Assist the CEO in overseeing the corporation’s achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry;
• Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-today operations of the corporation towards the achievement of its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the board;
• Be available to brief the CEO on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the board;
• With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development;
• Necessary or relevant to the board or such committee for discharging its duties;
• Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service and encourages individual integrity;
• Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels;
• Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the corporation and oversee compliance with those practices;
• As requested by the board, attend meetings of the board and its committees and present the information
• Coordinate the sustainability strategies of the corporation;
• Assess and manage the principal risks of the corporation's business within operations (proposals, projects and staffing);
• Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the COO position and other key executives of the corporation reporting to the coo;
• Assist the CEO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure;
• Evaluate the performance of senior executives of the corporation reporting to the coo; and
• Perform other functions related to the office of the coo or as may be requested by the CEO or the board.
Requirements/ Qualification / Skills
• Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
• High IQ and EQ.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
• Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of Expertise
• Entrepreneurial team player
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, and staff
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker