The Accountant is responsible for billing various grants, performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, compiling grant applications and expenditures reporting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, maintaining records retention, and assisting the Chief Financial Officer in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare all monthly client invoicing and vendor payments for management team approval and mailing.
• Reconcile credit card receipts and statements monthly. Track credit card receipts for client invoicing and pay cards in a timely manner.
• Keeping records and tracking of all company assets purchased and in use. Update records when assets are removed and no longer in use. Report to CPA.
• Full charge bookkeeping including all month and year end journal entries.
• Compilation and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements for in‐house use and CPA firm for yearend tax purposes and decision making.
• Maintain employee records including but not limited to hours, salary, mileage and personal time off, etc.
• Process payroll semi‐monthly, file all payroll taxes and forms monthly, quarterly and yearly as required by law. Maintain payroll files and reports.
• Manage Timeslips program including but not limited to reviewing and downloading time, checking for accuracy and proof/edit as needed. Maintain the program and update as needed.
• Maintain all client accounts of time, billings and payments. Collection of accounts receivable when necessary.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and financial analysis reports including but not limited to financial statements, client budget reports, employee time challenge reports, part‐time employee hours report, employee financial profit share report, accounts receivable reports, etc.
• Responsible for follow up phone calls/emails and letters to track billing records, payment requests, bank statements, anything financial that needs follow‐up, etc.
• Provide advice and assistance in making decisions in the areas of finances, analysis, financial software and accounting as requested by management.
• Working cooperatively with the company’s certified public accounting and insurance firms.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
• Minimum two or more years’ experience in accounting or related business area.
• Proven track record of good communication skills.
• Proficient in spreadsheet software (Excel).
• Access and Accounting Software knowledge preferred.