The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the day to day activity of running the inventory and warehouse operations ensuring that the inventory system is fully operational.
• Responsible for overseeing the inventory management process, defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels, eliminating obsolete and off-spec material, and reduce aging material
• Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of raw materials from suppliers to support manufacturing in achieving customer demand and minimizing cost impacts.
• Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
• Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and customer service department budgets
• Develop and lead Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
• Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
• Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures.
• Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
• Ensure Logistics Department complies with the necessary requirements
• Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
• Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
• Customer focused
• Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
• Project management skills
• Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/ transportation function within the automotive or manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
• Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security