The Social Service Specialist assists in providing client services in a variety of fields. Many assist clients in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
- Submit reports and review reports or problems with superior.
- Keep records or prepare reports for the owner or management concerning visits with clients.
- Interview individuals or family members to compile information on social, educational, criminal, institutional, or drug history.
- Visit individuals in homes or attend group meetings to provide information on agency services, requirements, or procedures.
- Consult with the supervisor concerning programs for individual families.
- Transport and accompany clients to shopping areas or to appointments, using automobiles.
- Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
- Degree in Developmental Services or Human Services
- Active listening and speaking skills
- Service oriented
- Skilled in getting and recording information from relevant sources
- Monitoring and assessing performance of yourself, others, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.