Use these work from home tips email with employees to set company expectations and ensure productivity.
Working from home tips:
Subject line: Working from home tips for success
Dear [all/name of employee],
You’re about to experience the world of telecommuting (if you haven’t already). There’s a lot to gain; flexibility and better work-life balance are the two main pros. But, working virtually can be challenging at times, especially for those who are not familiar or even comfortable with it. That’s why we decided to put together some tips for you on how to effectively structure your day to remain productive and energetic.
Useful working from home tips:
● Craft a daily work routine: To put it simply,
do what you would do in the office. Follow a certain schedule, structure your
breaks, and in general, create rituals. This will help you stay more focused
and keep your energy at a good level.
● Stick to your working hours: In the same tone,
retain your working schedule as much as you can. We expect you to work for
specific hours per day; if you need to change this plan for personal reasons,
discuss it with your manager first. Let your team members know when they can
reach out to you throughout the day and be available to them – they will be
there for you, too.
● Stay online: It’s important to stay connected
with your team and colleagues. Check your email and [messaging app] regularly to receive your team’s requests and questions. Keep your calendar updated and hop into meetings with your camera and mic on. If you face issues with any of your primary tools, [e.g. mention main tools or apps], reach out to [IT/other department] at [address and/or phone number] to work on
quick solutions and inform your team leader about it.
● Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a secure internet connection and fast enough to keep things rolling at all times. Follow all internet security guidelines diligently and do not connect to untrustworthy providers.
● Create a workspace: Having a dedicated room/desk/corner, where you can sit comfortably solely for work, will help you concentrate more. Keep all essential items within your reach. If you live with
family or roommates, be transparent with them about your expectations during work time, especially when you are in calls/meetings with colleagues, customers, and partners.
● Limit distractions: Whether that’s scrolling through social media or cooking your lunch, it’s better to separate work from personal duties. This will enable you to retain your focus and dedicate your
time to your duties.
● Share your thoughts with your manager and team: Working remotely sometimes can lead to the fear of missing out. Remember that your manager and team members are always there to hear your ideas and updates. Welcome their feedback to boost your performance and feel free to
openly communicate your concerns with your teammates.
● Remember to socialize and have fun:
Relationships with colleagues are important. Having them around only virtually
can become confusing. The good thing is you can still get to know them during
1:1 meetings and calls. Share a laugh whenever you can, and socialize. We trust
that you know how to keep things in balance.
We respect that every person is different – we believe that you can make it work on your own terms. After all, we want to make sure that you have everything you need to contribute to our mission and
make the best out of this journey.
[Your email signature]
Click here to download the Document.