Critical Thinking Interview Questions
These questions can be used when conducting an interview for thinking.
The following are examples of interview questions for a critical thinking interview:
- Describe a scenario where you had to make a decision, but you didn't have all the information to hand. What did you do?
- How would you handle an unresolvable disagreement between two co-workers?
- Can you describe a time when you found out that your manager had made an error? If so, what did you do?
- What would you do if a colleague was finding it challenging to understand the data you were presenting?
- How quickly do you make decisions? Can you describe a time you made a decision too quickly or too slowly?
- Are you open to new concepts and ideas?
- What is the first thing you do when you are tasked with solving a problem?
- Can you describe a time when you anticipated a problem in advance and took steps to stop it from becoming an issue?
- You discover an efficient solution to a problem, but your manager won’t listen to what you have to say on the matter. What do you do?
- A colleague proposes an uncomfortable solution to a problem faced by the organization. How would you handle the situation?
- Have you ever been heavily criticized for your work? If so, how did you deal with this?
- You have an employee who’s excellent at their job but is blunt and abrasive with colleagues and that’s causing friction in your department. How do you resolve the matter?
Click here to download the document