For the post of mail clerk, we are searching for people that are well organized. Among other things, mail clerks are in charge of managing outgoing messages and packages, as well as assuring proper labeling and packaging for departing mail and keeping complete records of all arriving shipments, including weight and dimensions.
● Mail is sorted by department and category.
● Sorting machines and other administrative technology are used.
● Taking care of incoming messages and goods.
● Assuring that outgoing mail is properly labeled and packaged
● Organizing deliveries with delivery services
● Misdirected mail is forwarded
● Keeping track of mailing goods such as stamps and envelopes
● Maintaining meticulous records of all arriving packages, including their weight and dimensions
● GED or high school diploma
● Prior mailroom experience
● Knowledge of sorting machinery
● Computer literacy is required
● Outstanding ability to organize
● Effort and attention to detail are required