To oversee the running of the branch, being responsible for maximising the branch’s overall performance including customer service and development of the team achievement.
Other key responsibilities include overdue management, branch expense requisition and settlement, daily branch related bank transaction, inputs data in OMNI, liaisoning with local administrative authorities for legal matter related to branch operation, preparing and sending different reports as per requirement of reporting officer and Head Office. While performing the above responsibilities, the Branch Head must ensure that he/she and team members follow core values, code of conduct and other institutional policies.
• Being continually pro-active and innovative to enhance their branch’s performance
• Uphold the company’s mission statement and values
• Ensuring the branch delivers excellent service to all its customers
• Responsible for the achievement of the team’s target
• Managing the team’s renewals book effectively to ensure retention targets are achieved
• Act as a mentor to support the Team Leaders within the branch
• Ensuring all new business opportunities are maximized through effective leadership and management
• Managing certain administrative tasks e.g. diary, post, credit control and insurer queries
• Monitor quote intake and report daily stats to Branch Director/Director of Branch Development
• Must be able to lead by example; in sales, processes and compliance
• Ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
• Making effective business decisions and implement changes for the branch to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Monitor staff performance on a regular basis and proactively drive and motivate staff to improve performance
• Training and coaching the team for their continual development through effective 1:1 and the performance management framework
• Responsible for the overall running of the branch including managing personnel, working with the Branch Director/Director of Branch Development with recruitment and employee relations
• the Branch Director/Director of Branch Development regularly to ensure consistent sales processes are being followed and adhered to
• Masters degree in a related field.
• Demonstrated experience in roles requiring growth and retention of a customer base.
• Demonstrated experience in creating a highly motivated and focused team.
• Communication Skills – ability to convey and explain information, coherently and confidently both oral and written.
• Decisiveness – ability to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
• Financial skills – understanding and application of pricing, margin, expense management, and profitability principles.
• Analytical skills – ability to develop solutions and courses of action and recommend solutions by using an information base to identify key issues, compare with other data and determine cause-effect relationships.
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organizing skills
• Problem solving – ability to seek out information and break down problems and situations into simple lists of components, options or alternatives.
• Relationship Building
• Social skills
• Demonstrated understanding of the business, market and external environment.