Chief Financial Officer Interview Questions
These questions can be used when interviewing a CFO.
The following are examples of interview questions for a CFO:
- What made you choose a career in finance?
- What skills do you think a CFO needs to be successful?
- What can you add to our finance department?
- Is there a project you have worked on that you are particularly proud of?
- What do you feel makes you capable of taking on the level of responsibility this role requires?
- What are some unique strengths you'll bring to this company as CFO?
- How do you apply financial strategies to solve organizational issues?
- What kinds of finance and accounting tools are you familiar with?
- How do you ensure the culture within an organization is financially responsible?
- What is your approach to change? How do you manage change?
- Tell me about a financial or accounting-related challenge that you have solved.
- How would you communicate bad news to the Board/key stakeholders?
Click here to download this document.