This document can be downloaded using the link at the bottom.
The purpose of stress management interview questions is to determine how candidates perform under pressure and how they approach stressful situations at work.
Examples of stress management interview questions:
- How do you prepare for a presentation to important [clients/stakeholders/the executive board] the day before it’s due?
- How would you respond if your manager gave you negative feedback in front of your peers?
- What’s the most stressful situation you’ve faced at work so far? How did you handle it?
- How do you prevent a situation from getting too stressful to manage?
- What advice would you give to calm down a colleague who’s stressed out about a deadline?
- Can you describe a time when your stress resulted in making errors at work?
- How would you deal with frequent changes at work? For example, if stakeholders were indecisive about a project’s requirements, or if new members joined your team.
- If assigned with multiple tasks at the same time, how would you organize yourself to produce quality work under tight deadlines?
- Describe a time you had to make a tough decision (e.g. fire a team member or choose between two job offers.) How did you make sure you were objective?
- How do you ensure that stressful situations in your personal life don’t affect your work performance?
Click here to download this document.