To be successful as a Payroll Specialist you should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. An outstanding Payroll Specialist should also have excellent people skills and a high numerical aptitude.
• Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
• Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
• Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
• Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits.
• Preparing and distributing income statements.
• Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
• Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
• Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
• Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
• Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
• Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred.
• Experience working in payroll or a similar role.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
• Experience working with accounting and payroll software.
• High numerical aptitude.