We are looking for a keen and talented individual to join us as an Economist. This role requires an individual who has a keen interest in furthering their knowledge of economics by applying a range of quantitative and qualitative techniques and by presenting economic scenarios in a clear and compelling manner for a range of audiences.
- Create and improve econometric and other financial modeling techniques to develop forecasts
- Provide support to the Chief Economist in the preparation of reports to key stakeholders
- Analyze and interpret the collected data to test the effectiveness of current policies, products or services
- Explain research methodology and justify conclusions drawn from primary and secondary data used
- Assist with the writing of in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on financial analysis, market and economic trends
- Carry out background research and relevant literature reviews
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools, economic models to produce economic and financial analysis, including Bloomberg
- Professional experience as an economist or similar job role
- Relevant degree e.g. Economics, finance, etc.
- Strong technical economics skills, specifically in relation to quantitative, statistical analysis
- Experience of macroeconomic model-building (or a demonstrable aptitude for this work)
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with impact with people at all levels
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail and an organized approach to work