The Secretary is responsible for the club’s brand image and should that ensure that all logos, designs, colours, merchandise, trademarks, copyrights etc are protected (where necessary) and their use is in accordance with policy.
• Provide an open communication link between the Board / Committee, sub-committees, members.
• Record all inward and outward correspondence and acknowledge where necessary.
• Complete appropriate documentation to ensure insurance coverage is in place.
• Support all media, promotion, marketing and sponsorship activities.
• Have a good working knowledge of meeting procedures.
• Prepare agendas, reports and papers for all Board / Committee meetings.
• Take minutes at all Board / Committee meetings and at the AGM.
• Be the link between the league and the club on all levels.
• Maintain a sound knowledge of league rules and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality on relevant and delicate matters.
• Co-operate with and assist the Board / Committee and other office bearers with their duties and responsibilities.
• Manage the planning process.
• Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and computer software programs.
• Knowledge of correct English usage and grammar.
• Knowledge of the organization and composition of letters, minutes, reports, charts, and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Ability to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
• Ability to determine work priorities.
• Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
• Ability to type.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.