Product Manager is responsible for the vision and profitability of a product line. Product Managers work closely with various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long term sustainability. In the execution of these strategies Product Managers work with departments to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while client and market needs are met.
• Understand the markets, technologies, competitors and customers to develop and deliver product releases with Engineering that increase customer satisfaction and drive growth and profitability.
• Work with Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing management to ensure the company ships solid new products, at a timely pace.
• Collaborate with the Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing department management to develop and publish the product roadmap.
• Work directly with customers (via Sales) on new product definition (features and benefits).
• Develop and communicate business plans internally for new product proposals.
• Provide pricing recommendations for new and existing products.
• Work with Marketing, Operations, Engineering, Sales and Support to improve customer satisfaction.
• Once the Company executive management has approved a product development and marketing plan,
• write preliminary specifications in conjunction with the engineering management team, as well as user stories, and generally communicate intended functionality internally.
• Research and user test prototypes to maximize user satisfaction and performance.
• Regular interaction with Sales and customers, often at a technical level.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work experience and / or MBA a strong plus.
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good understanding of the product