You can ask Brain Teasers during an interview to test the candidate’s logical thinking, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
The following are examples of brainteaser questions:
A farmer has 20 sheep and all but 6 die. How many sheep does the farmer have remaining? Answer: 6
It has a head and a tail, but nobody. What is it?
Answer: A coin
- How many tennis balls can you fit into a bathtub?
Answer: There is no correct answer. Simply test the candidate’s logical thinking skills and allow them to make an educated guess.
- Joseph’s father has 5 children: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and what is the name of the fifth child?
- If an electric train is traveling east at 70mph, which way is the smoke going?
Answer: There is no smoke as it is an electric train.
- How many times can you subtract 10 from 1000?
Answer: Only once. After subtracting 10 from 1000 once it becomes 990.
- Describe the sky to someone who is blind and has never seen it.
Answer: This question tests the candidate’s creativity and allows them to think on the spot.
- There are 6 apples in a basket. You want to give 1 apple each to 6 different people, but 1 apple must remain in the basket. How do you do it?
Answer: Give 1 person the basket with the apple inside.
- Which word has 5 letters but becomes shorter when you add 2 more letters to it?
- You are trapped in a room with 3 doors. The first door leads to a burning room with everything on fire and no escape. The second door is filled with thousands of poisonous snakes. The third door leads to a lion who has not eaten in 3 months. You must enter a room and survive, which one do you choose?
Answer: The third door. The lion would be dead as it has not eaten in 3 months.
Click here to download this document.