A UI Designer is a technical role that is responsible for presenting a product's development in a way that is attractive and convenient for users. A UI designer is responsible for creating interactive programs that enhance a customer's experience with a brand and facilitate an enjoyable experience on the business's website. UI designers also need to have a working understanding of coding and transfer the brand's strength through the interface of a product.
• Design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Collaborate with product management and project leaders to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to developers
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively
• communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders.
• Have 3+ years of experience in related field.
• Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other visual design tools
• Possession of creative flair, conceptual/visual ability and originality, with a user system interaction mindset
• Up to date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies3d printers, or potato launchers in their spare time).
• Have experience in working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Have a BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a Visual Arts subject