Utilizing a Software Development Life Cycle, the Software developer will work with technical and non-technical associated in defining business and technical requirements to develop new functions or redesign/consolidate existing processes.
• Performs program maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new/existing systems through programming, testing, documenting, and training users.
• Confers with user personnel and department representatives in resolving questions of program/system intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Responsible for learning Company systems and how they are automated.
• Provides on-call programming support.
• Communicates and works as needed with any internal/external customers with a more senior developer/engineer or manager present.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Requires thorough knowledge of applications programming function.
• Must be familiar with Agile software programming methodology
• Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Must have knowledge relating to the design and development of applications programs across the organization.
• Requires advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation.
• Must have advanced skills in web applications, API usage, web programming language and object oriented programming concepts.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software development technologies, practices and procedures as driven by business needs.
• Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Must understand how to manage customer expectations.
• Must balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Requires ability to understand business needs and how business systems can support those needs.
• Requires knowledge of other related areas of IT
• Knowledge of department processes and procedures.