Explain basic aspects of employment like how you define full-time employment and how you hire.
Employment contract types
Full-time employees work at least [30 hours] per week or [130 hours] per month on average.
Part-time employees are those who work fewer than [30 hours] per week.
Full-time and part-time employees can have either temporary or indefinite duration contracts. Full-time employees under an indefinite duration contract are entitled to our company’s full benefits package.
Recruitment and selection process
Our hiring steps might vary across roles, but we always aim for a recruitment and selection process that is fair and effective in hiring great people. If you are hiring for an open role, you will likely go through these steps:
- Identify the need for a new job opening.
- Decide whether to hire externally or internally.
- Review job descriptions and write a job ad.
- Get approval for your job ad.
- Select appropriate sources (external or internal) to post your job opening.
- Decide on hiring stages and possible timeframes.
- Review resumes in our company database/ATS.
- Source passive candidates.
- Shortlist applicants.
- Screen and interview candidates.
- Run background checks and check references.
- Select the most suitable candidate.
- Make an official offer.
Steps may overlap, so skip steps when appropriate. Each member of a hiring team might have different responsibilities (e.g. recruiters source and hiring managers interview candidates.)
Throughout this process, we aim to keep candidates informed, communicate well with each other and give everyone an equal opportunity to work with us. Ask our recruiters for help whenever you need to enhance candidate experience or write an inclusive job description.
If you want to run background checks on candidates, ask HR for guidance. This process is sensitive and we must always abide by laws and ensure candidates understand our intentions. As a general rule, commission a background check for finalists only. Use our contracted provider and ensure you have your candidates’ permission.
If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for a position at our company, feel free to refer them. If we end up hiring your referred candidate, you are eligible for [$3000] referral bonus or [a trip to a destination of your choice/ Amazon coupons.] Our employee referral rewards may be higher if we hire your referred candidate in a hard-to-fill role. For example, if we hire your referral for the position of [Data Scientist], you may receive [$6000.]
Additional rules for rewards:
- We guarantee that rewards will be paid out within [a month] of the date we hired a candidate.
- There is no cap on the number of referrals an employee can make. All rewards will be paid accordingly.
- If two or more employees refer to the same candidate, only the first referrer will receive the referral incentives.
- Referrers are still eligible for rewards even if a candidate is hired at a later time or gets hired for another position.
Who can be referred?
We have two conditions for candidates who can qualify you for our rewards. They should:
- Have not applied to our company for at least a year.
- Be hired as permanent full- or part-time employees (not as temporary employees or contractors.)
Our company may use an online form or a platform where employees may refer candidates. You can also reach out directly to our [HR/recruiters/Talent Acquisition Manager] with referrals.
Generally, we encourage you to check our open positions and consider your social networks and external networks as potential resources for referred candidates.
Keep in mind that rewards may be subject to taxation. Please contact HR or our referral program manager for more information.
We expect you to be present during your scheduled working hours. If you face an emergency that prevents you from coming to work one day, contact your manager as soon as possible. We will excuse unreported absences in cases of [serious accidents, acute medical emergencies.] But, whenever possible, we should know when you won’t be coming in.
Click here to download this document.